There are no upcoming shows for this artist.
Assaf Kehati: Jazz guitarist and composer Assaf Kehati arrived to the USA in 2007 and soon started working with such names as Ran Blake (piano), George Garzone (sax), Eli Degibri (sax), Ferenc Nemeth (drums), Donny McCaslin (sax), Seamus Blake (sax) and legendary drummers Victor Lewis (Woody Shaw, Stan Getz) and Billy Hart (Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery). Mr. Kehati has performed at some of the world’s leading venues as Blue Note, NYC; Regattabar, Boston; Washington D.C. Jazz Festival; MuzEnergo Jazz Festival, Russia; New England Cable News, MA; Tel Aviv Museum, Israel; Toronto Jazz Festival.
The Music: As a leader, Mr. Kehati has recorded two CDs that have received numerous rave reviews – A View From My Window (2010) and Flowers and Other Stories (2011). His compositions are inspired by the daily and trivial, yet wonderful and significant experiences of life: from a winter, snow-laden view of Fenway Park from his apartment porch (A View From My Window), to the mundane but satisfying life of a snail (Sunshine Berale), to a girl seeking love in a land beyond the oceans (The Snow and the Sun), and to a story about the universal character, Mr. Mario that travels the world like a gypsy to places like Africa, the Middle East and the Pyramids in Egypt (Mr.Mario). A third album by Mr. Kehati, “NAKED”, was just recorded and will be released in 2014.
• “Airy and melodic and floating and free”. -STEREOPHILE
• “Is indeed the future for post modern jazz”. -DIGITAL JAZZ NEWS
• “A master musical sculptor”. -ALL ABOUT JAZZ
• “All-stars at every position”. -BOSTON HERALD
• “You’ll savor the exotic-sounding intimacy of this group”. - JAZZ NOTES
• “Guitarist Assaf Kehati writes a new chapter of modern jazz".-EJAZZ NEWS